When you decide to get contact lenses, you need a special type of examination in order to ensure a proper fit. Without undergoing a contact lens fitting, you may experience eye discomfort, redness, or blurring of vision. At Carolina Vision Care, our eye doctors have the knowledge and experience to provide the fit you need to enjoy wearing your lenses daily.
When you visit your eye doctor for contact lenses, the optometrist will perform an eye exam to obtain an accurate prescription to correct your vision. The doctor will also check your eyes for any presence of dryness (which can be exacerbated by the use of contact lenses.) Additionally, the doctor will use special equipment that precisely measures the front surface of your eye, also known as the cornea, so that your lenses will fit comfortably on the unique curvature of your eyes.
Your Greenville optometrist can advise you on the best type of contact lenses for your needs. A variety of types are available to help you achieve the best vision possible with your lenses.
Soft lenses are one of the most popular types because of their comfortable fit. Soft lenses can be worn in two ways:
- “Daily wear” lenses are worn throughout the day then removed at night.
- Toric lenses are used for individuals with astigmatism.
- Bifocal or multifocal lenses are used for individuals who have problems with reading as a result of aging.
- Daily disposable lenses are available that allow you to throw away your lenses frequently (every day), which can be helpful for individuals with allergies or dryness.
- Another type of lens, called “extended wear” allows the individual to wear the lens overnight while sleeping. The contact lens is removed at least weekly for cleaning. However, this type of lens may increase your risk for eye infections.
Scleral contact lenses are made of a rigid material and are available for a much more customized fit and are often recommended for patients with keratoconus or other eye issues.
The optometrists at Carolina Vision Care use state-of-the-art equipment and the most current techniques to ensure their patients in Greenville, NC, and surrounding communities receive the highest quality eye care. Carolina Vision care is a family-owned practice that treats their patients as part of the family. Call us today at 252-755-0290 for an appointment to discuss how to get the best fit for your needs.
Sign-up using the form or call us at 252-752-4380 to take advantage of this exclusive offer. Some restrictions apply.
My visit was Exceptional!!! Your employee that took care of me was very helpful just a joy, she made my day .
Request An Appointment
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!Schedule Now
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.Read More